Blog Posts


Tuesday 30 August 2016

Live, Laugh, Lover

Today is our two year anniversary. I am so much more in love with my husband today than the day we got married. He's my favourite person in the whole world and I am so proud to call him mine. I can't wait to spend the next 73 years together.

Our wedding day was an interesting day. It was hot and sunny, then rained for a few hours. I was ready before everybody else was and ended up waiting for the photographer and other people to get our pictures done before the ceremony. Once we were about to walk down the aisle, after we moved all the chairs into our backup location, the rain stopped. I did have music I wanted played, but my sister's engineering boyfriend (now ex) couldn't figure out how to get my music to work, so we were musicless. I can't listen to the song without tearing up, maybe some day I will get to walk down the aisle to my dream song.  During the ceremony and after, it was so hot and humid we were all sweating buckets. I don't think I've ever been that hot in my life. When we were signing our marriage license, our officiant told me I should sign in the witness spot, meaning my sister actually almost married my husband. Wouldn't that have been interesting.

Anyways, let's get back to the point of this post... Celebration of love!

I don't expect anything from my husband for our anniversary other than some time with him. Last year the two of us went kayaking. I was supposed to work the day of our anniversary, but one of my coworkers was kind enough to take my shift for me. Since I missed our birthdays because of work, I couldn't miss our first anniversary for a measly $13 an hour. That money wasn't worth missing one of the best celebrations of my life.

Last year when we went kayaking was interesting. I was a little pregnant at the time and was concerned about fitting into the life jacket and the kayak. Luckily I fit. We had the kayaks for about a year and it was my second or third time in them; I was so excited to have a day with my hubby without thinking about anything other than spending time with him. (I can't seem to find any pictures right now, but I'm sure I'll find one somewhere.) In my mind, I wouldn't have asked for a better anniversary than spending time with the ones you love the most.

This year my husband is working away so we can't do anything special on our day. I'm totally ok with this since I married him while he was in this profession. He works away quite a bit which makes our time together all the more special. His mom came over today and brought his gift for me, a white and red carnation (my favourite flower, although I don't know if he remembers or got it because it's cheaper) and a gift certificate for a 75 minute pedicure. Who gives pedicures for 75 minutes, I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.

I still have a little time before he gets home to figure out what to get him. I always have the hardest time with anniversary gifts, I find Christmas and birthdays so much easier. I'm hoping we can spend the weekend relaxing, just the three or us. He cleaned up the fire pit area a couple of weekends ago and WE have yet to use the wonderful fire pit he made me for Christmas. I hope we can use it this weekend. I really love having low key weekends with my boys and couldn't ask for anything more. I'm sure my idea of anniversary time will change as we have more kids and they get older (like a night alone.)

What is your favourite way to spend your anniversary?  Do you have any suggestions for a gift for my hubby?





No comments:

Post a Comment