Blog Posts


Thursday 29 September 2016

Always Alone...

Do you ever feel like having kids makes YOU feel left out more than usual?

My hubby and I were invited to a birthday celebration in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Since he's working away right now, we're going to meet at our friends house in Burlington and go on from there. The wine and beer tasting is next weekend at 10AM, so we have to be up probably by 6.

My hubby doesn't quite understand why we need to be up so early. So Burlington is over an hour drive so we'd have to leave by 9 at the absolute latest if there's no traffic. Since we're bringing the babe with us, we'll probably have to drop him off somewhere so now we have to leave at least a half hour earlier, so 8:30. It takes about 15 minutes to load up the truck, so 8:15. The babe usually makes a huge mess in the morning with his breakfast so it's another 20 minutes to bathe and dress him. It's now 7:55. I'll probably need to pump and feed him which will be another half hour or longer so now it's 7:25. I'll need to eat and get ready so now it's 7.

Ok, maybe 6 is a little early, but I was up at 4 last week since I couldn't sleep anymore. I had to be somewhere for 8:50 and it's an hour and a half drive. I was almost late. Things take a lot longer when you have a kid and since I'll probably be the one feeding him and bathing him and everything, I'll need to be up earlier.

Anyways, let's get back to the left out part. We need to find a babysitter or hire a service for the time we're at the wine and beer tasting. I do have a volunteer but they live over an hour away from where we are going. That'll be an extra 2 hours of driving just for a babysitter; it would be nice to see them though as she's my former babysitter. A service would work but they're $25/hr which will work out to over $125 extra for the wine tasting. Since I'm not working right now and all my mat money is spent, we don't really have an extra $125 to spend on babysitting. So in total, it's probably $200 for the room and about $150 for the tasting plus extra for the other meals. That's an expensive weekend. I sure hope he doesn't expect a gift too.

After we check into our rooms, there's talk about going in the hot tub and spa. Unless my hubby takes the babes, I won't be able to do these. We're going to Niagara-on-the-Lake, there's lots of nice restaurants there... will he be allowed in those restaurants. I'm just worried that I won't be able to do anything with anybody because of him. He is usually asleep by 7 so we'll be room bound after that. Makes for quite an exclusive weekend away. We will be bringing the stroller but man, I'm going to have a tough week when we get back.

Do your friends work around you because you have kids and they don't? Or do you get left out too?

No comments:

Post a Comment